M-Bus Driver for Citect
The M-Bus ("Meter-Bus") is a new European standard for remote reading of heatmeters and it is also usable for all other types of consumption meters as well as for various sensors and actuators.
What is M-Bus?
The M-Bus (meter bus) is a cost-optimized field bus for the transfer of energy consumption data. A central master - in the simplest case a PC with level converter - communicates by a 2 wire bus with the bus users (up to 250 slaves per segment: Heat meter, water meter, electrical meter, gas meter... and also sensors and actuators of any type).
More and more manufacturer implement the electrical M-Bus interface with protocol layer into their meters. The M-Bus is european standard and described in the standard EN1434, EN13757.
PiiGAB has developed a new Citect driver for M-Bus. You can see some of the Key features on the left-hand side. If you have suggestions or ideas in regards to improvement of the driver don’t hesitate to contact us. If you require things such as M-Bus courses, embedded solutions, consulting help etc please contact us.
Key features for Citect M-Bus driver
• Generic M-Bus driver
• Supports Variable Data Structure
• Mix different manufacturer on the
• Object orientated tag addressing e.g.
Drx.Value, Drx.Tariff, Drx.Vib
• All data types automatically convert
• Drx.Vib reads standard and
manufacturer specific text
automatically from M-Bus tables
• Support for manufacturer specific data
• M-Bus strings is cached in the driver
for better performance
• Primary and secondary addressing
• Device/Group-specific parameters in
• Multi telegram support